Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tax those who work hard 001: North Carolina likes the idea?!


We're starting a new recurring post idea now where I find references across the web about taxing the rich and replace the words "the rich" with the words "those who work hard."  It really changes the perspective and shows what these people are all about.  It all started when I was eating breakfast with my three year old and I had a copy of the Forbes 400 richest in America issue on the table and my son asked me who the guy on the cover was.  I was about to say that he was rich and leave it at that.  But I stopped myself and decided to tell him the truth: "He's a really smart guy and he works really hard and therefore he has a lot of money."  
Enjoy!

N.C. says tax the rich those who work hard in Elon poll

Date: Friday, November 4, 2011, 12:04pm EDT - Last Modified: Friday, November 4, 2011, 2:25pm EDT

Two-thirds of North Carolinians are in support of raising taxes on Americans who make more than $1 million a year, work really hard for their money, according to the latest Elon University Poll.
The poll of more than 500 residents was conducted between Oct. 30-Nov. 3. It had a margin of error of 4.26 percentage points.
A tax hike on those who make $1 million or more who work hard is part of the jobs bill proposed by President Barack Obama. Of those polled, 48 percent said they have been following news of the bill "somewhat closely" and another 26 percent said they were following it "very closely."
Article found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment